Monday 24 November 2008

Pulleys and Fitch Fastner

The pulleys are good quality and feel really nice with the bearings in them. Fitting is easy.


Using the Morticer

Then router to let in the face plates, corners with a chisel.



The Fitch Fasteners, I worked out eventually are supposed to fit on the top sash, to restrict both sash moving past a certain point. I however wanted only the bottom sash restricting and thought they would be easy to fit on the pulley stiles. The problem was, when closed the back end would interfere with the weights.

After some head scratching I drove the hinge pin out and took about 4mm off the back of the catch. At the same time I tidied up the rather poor fettling and re-polished them.


I'm sure they will do the job now.

Nasty little knot though.

No comments: