Friday 2 January 2009

Fitting the New Frame

The frame eventually jiggled in quite nicely.



To lift the frame up from the stone cill I fitted a piece of squashed copper pipe under it. This went to about 35mm of the front edge. Just behind the drip groove. I sealed it with silicone later on. The idea behind this came after seeing Zinc strips under old window allowing the timber window to move with expansion and contraction whilst maintaining a seal upstand on the stone cill.


The whole frame is held in with four screws fitted at angles through the each corner into the brick work.

2 comments:

Nico de Montreuil said...

ok

double glazing said...

I wish you good luck. I hope you will finish that successfully. Fitting new frame is a few step away to finish. I hope the outcome of your hardwork is a perfect window for your house.