Friday 2 January 2009

Then It Went HORRIBLY WRONG

I nearly cried after I just checked the size of the old window to see how much plaster I'd have to take off.


The new window was too small, how can that be? what went wrong? How could I possibly recover from this.


I tracked the problem to the spreadsheet I had done to work out the dimensions. I found I had subtracted the size of the outer lining lining lip instead of adding it, resulting in the window being 80mm too narrow and 40m too short. OH S*#T.





After I'd calmed down I checked the other window sizes and Lady Luck came to visit. It should fit in one of the other rooms. A tight fit and a little too high but workable. Phew!



I did a little investigating with a crow bar to get the exact sizes of the brick work.


1 comment:

Ronny said...

Hi, I’m a new blogger. I have a new blog you can find at this url: www.rawoodenwindows.com Your site is very related to mine. I thought it would be beneficiary for both of us to do a blogrolling. Please let me know if you interested