Friday 2 January 2009

Fitting the sashes

I was glad I had practiced this as time was running out, it was getting colder and I just heard the weather forecast for up to 60 mph winds and heavy rain.

The cords feed over the pulleys and then the top sash is lifted so the weight can be attached.




The Lead weights first as they have a hole running all the way through then the iron weight tied on so so it just clears the bottom of the box.

The parting bead can then be driven in. I had pre-painted these and it was a good tight fit. May be too tight if I ever have to remove them.


The bottom sash goes in exactly like the top sash. Just in time as the rain started coming down.


Next day I fitted the pocket covers and Staff beads. Then another few days latter I finish it off with some architrave.


1 comment:

double glazing said...

I know you can do it well and will successfully fit the windows sashes. With your determination and hardwork, I know you can produce a perfect window for your lovely home. Good luck to you!