Friday 2 January 2009

Getting ready to install

With the new lead weights collected I was ready for installation - Almost.

The Lead bought in one meter lengths need cutting down to the right size. The circular saw cuts it nicely. I also cleaned up and painted another 4 iron weights.



The weights dividers fitted in...

And the back of the weight boxes fitted. Made from 6mm ply.



I then did a trial fitting of one sash to make sure the weight would fit and to practice the procedure. To do this I fitted the cords using 25mm no.6 screws, 4 off on each cord.



With everything ready it was time to start ripping out the old window.




1 comment:

double glazing prices said...

Well. I wish you good luck. I hope you can successfully install that new windows at your home. So excited to see the outcome. For sure that would be an eye-catching window.